Saturday, August 25, 2012

GRS DT challenge


It's GRS design team challenge day!  Our challenge is to use shapes...we could make a shaped card, or use shapes ON our project.

This challenge was a real stumper!  I thought about it for ages before an idea finally came to mind, and then I had trouble translating it from idea to reality.  I wanted to go for a simpler, more clean and graphic style than usual, and was hoping to achieve an illusion of a road extending from the foreground to the horizon, but after fussing with the hexagons for a while, I ended up with plan B!  Modern mo-ped meets uneven old-towne brick road!  Even though I'm missing my mojo (which unfortunately often happens for a while after I return from vacation), I still had a good time trying!

Visit the GRS blog to see what my teammates created for today's challenge!  And visit ihp to see the GRS sets that are available there!  LOTS of new product has been arriving from CHA, so you're likely to find lots of new pretties!

Notes:
Girls Wanna Have Fun custom set for ihp
Memento ink
Copic markers
black Spica marker
Lifestyle Crafts hexagon dies
Ranger distress ink
foam adhesive
ric rac
button
twine

7 comments:

  1. Oh I love it! It's such a fun way to add the shapes to your card. Super cute Deb! Love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, this is absolutely gorgeous!! WOW!!!! I love the way you added the hexgaons :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the hexagon road!! so very creative..and this is what you make when you have no mojo!! wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, ha...my dear friend, you can do it and you did! What a wonderful car and I love the road...looks like a stone road! Perfect, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really cute! I love it!

    ReplyDelete