Friday, November 30, 2012

Made of Snow


Hello friends!  It's been a crazy day in our household!  The phone was ringing off the wall, and it seemed like there was just one interruption after another all day long!  I kept trying to stamp, but I just wasn't making much forward progress!  I think it's gonna be that way for the rest of the weekend...on Monday morning some guys are coming to rip up the carpet and install some beautiful porcelain tile in our great room, so sometime before then we have got to get everything ready for them.  I've got community chorale practice from noon until 2:30 tomorrow, church Sunday morning, and the Advent Lessons and Carols service Sunday evening, so it is definitely gonna be a busy weekend!  And that doesn't even include any stamping deadlines!

The card that I was trying to work on ended up being more technique-based, so I decided to save it for a later date and start anew.  I decided to make this clean and simple card following a layout from another card in my gallery. It is a tall, skinny card with an overhanging horizontal strip that brings the card width to the standard 4 1/4 inches...which is nice because it still fits in a standard sized envelope. It's this week's sketch challenge over at Paper Craft Planet.

This Made of Snow man sports a paper-pieced scarf, and a hat colored and shaded with Copic markers...a layer of cool grays creates some dimension under a mint green top coat, which gives his hat a magical glow.  If I hadn't been so in a hurry to get this photo'd and uploaded, I would have given him a little Stickles sparkle, but I was too impatient to wait for it to dry!  I will definitely add it later!

Notes:
Gourmet Rubber Stamps' Made of Snow
Carta Bella Winter Fun designer paper
Copic blending paper
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Copic markers
gold gelpen
Clearsnap white pigment ink
detail white embossing powder
Latte pearls
jute thread

1 comment: