Thursday, March 30, 2017

John 3:16


My Bible study girlfriends and I are studying the Apostles' Creed and have spent the last several weeks pondering the very foundations of our faith.  In the last three weeks we have read and discussed scriptures regarding God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, so I was drawn to stamp a card featuring this widely known and very profound passage using stamps and supplies from Stamp Simply.

I am intrigued by all of the detail that God takes the time to give to us in His Word, and mesmerized by the fact that the entire Bible can be unraveled by the "one scarlet thread" of His Covenant.  The Law was but a fore-shadowing of the One who IS the Word, and especially during Lent and Easter, this verse seems to speak even more powerfully.   

God speaks often and clearly to me through nature, and so Nature's Sketchbook was the paper I chose for the background of this card.  I kept the layout simple because I didn't want to cover up that lovely design.  I often use embellishments in threes on my cards, but here it has a deeper, even more special significance, symbolic of the Trinity.


I am so happy to be working with Sharon and the Stamp Simply team and their lovely scripture stamps!  Thanks for visiting!  

Supplies:

8 comments:

  1. DEB, LOVE this card as well as your mini Bible study lesson! Thank you so much!!! Glad you are enjoying the scripture stamps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for having me on your team and for making such lovelies to work with! All these beautiful products make designing such a joy!

      Delete
  2. Deb, this is a gorgeous card, and I especially love the meaning you've added to your design. We studied the Apostles' Creed last year in our small group and found it such an encouraging study. It certainly strengthened our faith, and I love this Scripture verse...one of the very first ones I memorized as a child and still have commit it to memory in the KJV. Thanks for sharing the gifts God has given you in making beautiful and God-honoring cards. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your beautiful words! Blessings!

      Delete