Thursday, June 15, 2017

Happiness is Like a Butterfly


I think I am addicted to Distress Oxides and Distress Inks!  I have been using them nearly every day for all kinds of projects, and lovin' every minute!  Today they are the star of the show in this colorful project made for Stamp Simply


The background for today's card started with some heavyweight white card stock.  I sponged on a  gradient of color and then flicked it with water, blotting to lift the color in some spots.  Then I stenciled with a mesh stencil, applying the ink more heavily in some areas than others.  Finally, I splashed the background with coordinating colors of distress inks and heat-set them.  I just love how vibrant the color turned out with that faint pattern to add interest.  Even though it is a little busy the sentiment is still clearly visible.


Since I wanted to keep a clean white edge on the butterfly, I stamped it with Tuxedo Black and then colored it with Copic markers, adding a clear layer of Wink of Stella to make it sparkly the way butterflies are IRL.  I used the clipped wire stems from the flowers to fashion some antennae, coloring them with a black Copic marker, and fashioning a shape to so that the butterfly could hover over the flowers.  

A floral flourish "butterfly trail" brings a splash of color to the black and white inside of the card, and a few rhinestones help to provide a stop for the easel to lean against.  

These sunny colors just make me happy!  :)

Here are the supplies I used, all from Stamp Simply:

No comments:

Post a Comment